Samurai Delicatessen

Friday, February 24, 2006

Faubourg Pave


















I decided to make the Faubourg Pave again, one of my favorites from Chocolate Desserts by Pierre Herme. The recipe includes a cocoa loaf, which is split in thirds, brushed with a caramel syrup, and filled with a very butter-rich caramel ganache. This time I filled it with the caramel ganache, as usual, but finished it with the glaze, which I made according to Herme's recipe. Both the ganache and the glaze were made using Valrhona 61%, which is what I have at the moment. Luckily for me, I had some left-over chocolate sauce from making the glaze, and I found that it makes an amazing hot chocolate.

2 Comments:

Blogger zinnur said...

You are executing my very own "have-to-try-from Herme" list one by one. Since i cannot spend much time baking these days, i guess admiring your beautiful pictures is the next best thing.

2/24/2006  
Blogger Patrick said...

Sorry you can't spend much time baking right now, Zinnur. Its such as bummer not having the time to do what you are passionate about. I hope you can make it back to the kitchen soon. Til then, maybe I can help add some recipes to your list? :)

2/26/2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home