Samurai Delicatessen

Monday, February 27, 2006

Crispy and Creamy Rice Treat

























Continuing down my list of desserts from the Greenspan/Herme books, I made the Crispy and Creamy Rice Treat, from the first Desserts book. This has a small cake base made from ladyfinger batter. The base is sprinkled with a layer of toasted hazelnuts and broken Nestle crunch bars. Above that is a layer of a creamy, cinnamony arborio rice mixed with creme anglaise and whipped cream, set with a little gelatin. On top is a layer of thick chocolate creme anglaise, and some caramelized rice crispies.

2 Comments:

Blogger Fung said...

In the recipe for the rice pudding, it says to use 1 1/3 cups to cook the rice. When I made this yesterday, I used the remaining 2/3 cup for the creme anglaise, even though the recipe says to only use 1/3 cup. Do you remember if that's what you did too?

5/14/2006  
Blogger Patrick said...

I'm not certain at this point, but I think I only used 1/3C for the creme anglaise. As I recall the creme anglaise was very thick as far as creme anglaises go.

6/09/2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home