Samurai Delicatessen

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Chocolate Temptation





This recipe ("Chocolate Temptation") is from Greenspan's Desserts by Pierre Herme. The sauce is banana/citrus/avacado, and I added about 1T of sugar. There is about 1/3C on the plate. The Manjari chocolate cake is flourless and somewhat molten (out of the oven). The recipe called for infusing the butter with a sliver of habanero, but I didn't do that. The cake is garnished with an orange tuile, and the plate with a few caramelized banana slices.

1 Comments:

Blogger Patrick said...

To be honest, I picked this dessert largely based on visual appeal -- I knew the contrast in colors and shape would be nice. But I found that it was delicious as well. The cake is deadly rich and not too bitter, and despite what the book recommends, it is great at room temperature and chilled as well. The avacado sauce sounded weird, but I actually liked it as well. The flavor is dominated by the banana and citrus. Even my 7 year-old daughter, who is very picky, liked the sauce - not as much as the cake, however.

3/10/2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home